Thursday, December 16, 2010

Time4learning Review

Today we finished the trial period of Time4learning.  I must say we have really enjoyed using the program.  I found it to be a great supplement to many of the subjects we are studying.  While we did not use the Math portion (we use Teaching Textbooks) I thought Math section was thoroughly explained.  The Science was used by my daughter who has been using Apologia General Science.  It covered the same topics and she liked it much better than Apologia. We used various levels of History to cover what we are studying.  We used Greek Mythology and Medieval history and while my children were not in that particular level, all I had to do was email them and they changed their level so they could have access to that portion of that particular subject.  I found this was done in a very timely manner; sometimes only taking a few minutes.
The Parent section contained lots of good information, forums.  It also had a great scope and sequence that you could also chose what lesson you wanted your child to work on that day by simply entering the lesson number.  There is also the playground that the kids like to take a break and play around on.  They really did not use the playground that much but it is a nice feature for those especially with younger children.

I must say that I really liked this program.  I think it is well work the money; the only thing I would change would be make the subscription rate the same for a family rather than individually.  I would definitely recommend it as an affordable option to those who might like to try an online school or instead of cd's or dvd's.   I would give it a 5 star rating!

 Time4Learning can be used as ahomeschool curriculum, for afterschool enrichment and for summer skill sharpening. Find out how to write your own curriculum review for Time4Learning

No comments: